Concerned about climate change but not sure what your company can do? Come to the Inaugural Climate Day at Expo West to get the tools, information and inspiration you need to help your company take meaningful action to reverse climate change.
Join industry leaders from UNFI, National Co+op Grocers, INFRA, Annie’s, Stonyfield, Guayaki, White Wave, Dr. Bronner’s, REBBL, LOTUS, Happy Family, Nature’s Path and many more for inspirational keynotes, executive roundtables, workshops, music, networking, climate awards, a rockin’ reception with food and beer and a film screening of Kiss The Ground, a beautiful film on the potential of soils and farming to address the climate crisis.
DATE AND TIME
Wed, March 8, 2017
9:30 AM – 5:00 PM PST
Add to Calendar
Anaheim Marriott Ballroom E
700 Convention Way
Anaheim, CA 92802
Climate Day events are free with your exhibit hall badge but space is limited!
Register now* to let us know you will be there and to stay in the loop about exciting program and speaker updates. We’re working hard to make it an event you will love.
commit. act. impact.
What’s the schedule for the day?
- 9:30-11:30 Climate 101 with SFTA: for companies who are just getting started or want a refresher on climate basics.
- 11:30-12:30 Lunch (on your own- there are nearby options)
- 12:15 Climate Day welcome
- 12:40 Why Climate Matters
– The Consumer’s Perspective, Eric Pierce, Director of Business Insights, NEXT Data & Insights, New Hope Network.
– Retailers Roundtable: Sheila Ongie, National Co+op Grocers (NCG), Corinne Shindelar, Independent Natural Foods Retailers Association (INFRA), more being added
- 1:25 The Climate Opportunity of Agriculture: Roundtable with Birgit Cameron, Patagonia Provisions, Dr. Bronner’s and Global Organics
- 2:05 A Climate Denier’s Journey to Climate Hawk, Jerry Taylor, The Niskanen Center
- 2:30 Climate Policy Briefing, Anne Kelly, CERES/BICEP
- 3:00 Executive Roundtable: John Foraker, Annie’s, Jessica Rolph, COO, Happy Family, more being added
- 4:00 Roundtable: Climate Opportunities with Plants, Animals and Organic, Tracy Misiewicz, The Organic Center, Jonathan Reinbold, Organic Valley, more being added
- 4:35 Keynote Speaker: Stay tuned as we’ll be announcing this soon!
- 5:10 Special Closing: Announcing soon!
- 5:30 Reception and music. National Co+op Grocers Climate Collaborative Awards, food & drink
- 6:30-8:00 Film Screening of Kiss The Ground and Q&A
How can I contact the organizer?
Email Lara at email@example.com with any questions or if you would like to make a donation to the Climate Collaborative.
Can I invite my friends?
Yes, please do! Feel free to use the links below to spread the word.
Who is the host of Climate Day?
Climate Day at Expo West is hosted by New Hope Network and the Climate Collaborative; a project of OSC2 and SFTA to catalyze bold climate action among natural products companies. You can learn more about these organizations at their web sites: OSC2 and SFTA
* Please note: registration does not guarantee you a seat at all events. Your best bet is to come early and stay for the day. We will do our best to accommodate everyone!
Climate Collaborative and New Hope Network
Climate Day is a partnership between New Hope Network, www.newhope.com, and the Climate Collaborative.
The Climate Collaborative is a project of OSC2 and SFTA.
Katherine DiMatteo is the Executive Director of the Sustainable Food Trade Association (SFTA), www.sustainablefoodtrade.org.