Under the direction of the the Director of Marketing, this position is responsible for supporting the company’s growth and mission goals as a key member of the marketing team, with a focus on product innovation projects.
- Lead cross functional team on key product innovation and renovation projects.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with existing international (i.e. Thailand, China) co-manufacturing partners and ingredient/packaging suppliers to deliver great tasting, mission driven products
- Lead product innovation projects, leveraging existing supplier capabilities or partnering with supplier to develop new capabilities
- Lead product renovation projects (i.e. organic upgrades, taste improvements as needed.
- Identify cost savings opportunities.
- Identify, evaluate and qualify new suppliers to enable new product innovation, product upgrades and to strengthen the supply chain with back up suppliers for priority products and components.
- Oversee team product tastings to evaluate new product prototypes and to identify innovation opportunities to bring to market
- Create product briefs for key innovation projects to direct supplier R&D development
- Partner with the Director of Marketing and the rest of the Executive Leadership Team to refine the company’s innovation process, strategy and three-year pipeline.
- Identify and synthesize relevant product, ingredient and packaging trends to drive product innovation strategy
- Leverage both primary and secondary sources to identify actionable insights, including syndicated data (i.e. SPINS) and custom research to drive product innovation strategy
- Leverage 3rd party product/packaging regulations expert to ensure compliance on labeling nutrition claims
- Manage the product certifications process (Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Gluten Free, Kosher, Whole Grain)
- Support new product set up
- Partner with Director of Marketing on sustainable packaging goals and initiatives
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The right candidate will have
● Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the food industry, with employment history supporting professional growth within the industry
● Minimum undergraduate degree, MBA preferred
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Comfort in working with international companies, with foreign language skills a plus (Chinese, Thai)
● Working hours flexibility to accommodate occasional meetings with international suppliers
● Open to occasional travel (including international travel)
● Valid passport
● Culinary (or food science) knowledge and experience highly desired
● Natural food industry experience highly desired
● Ideally, familiar with Non-GMO Project Verified, Organic and Gluten Free certification requirements
KEY PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- A commitment to the mission of the company.
- A self-motivated, proactive individual
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Passionate about food
- Bachelor’s degree
As a member of the Lotus Foods team, we expect all employees to be accountable for their actions and to challenge team processes. This means having the willingness to claim 100% ownership for results, both individually and collectively with others and to “think outside of the box” when it comes to processes, policies, and strategies. Challenging conventional wisdom may lead to new solutions which will improve productivity and company profitability.
To apply for this job please visit www.fitzii.com.