Website Gaia Herbs
The VP of Sales and Customer Experience is responsible for the overall effectiveness of the Sales organization and for providing a best-in-class Customer Experience. This strategic executive leadership role is accountable for building and strengthening sales performance with the natural and FDM channels, heightening customer experience and engagement, and building strong market share with assigned channels across an evolving consumer and market landscape.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a member of the Executive Team, works closely with CEO, CFO and other Executives to define strategy and design operational plans for Sales and Customer Experience;
- Provides leadership and strategic direction to the development and implementation of Sales channel forecasts, plans and processes, trade sales programs & budgets, key customer relationships, and collaborates with the sales and marketing leadership teams to identify and address gaps and opportunities.
- Develop plans to achieve the company’s revenue goals, including short and long term tactics
- Collaborates with CFO to establish and attain profitability targets by channel & customer
- In collaboration with EVP, Marketing and Ecommerce, ensure clear channel strategy is defined and implemented to include all sales channels.
- Accountable for the culture, performance, and results of a high performance sales team
- Provides clear direction on priorities and resource allocation to meet department and company objectives, ensuring alignment with overall strategic plan for organizational health and growth.
- Ensures all sales, sales operations, and customer service team members have the resources necessary (reports, software, equipment, training, etc.) to support successful outcomes.
- Ensure successful field sales execution through the Gaia Herb’s broker network, in both natural and FDM channels, and that the “voice of the customer” is represented in key strategic decisions.
- Ensures all team members are well versed on DSHEA and other regulatory guidelines that govern product representation compliance.
- Drive the attainment of key performance indicators including service level, revenue protection, productivity/efficiency, reliability, first call resolution and attrition objectives.
- Responsible for representing sales needs and perspectives in driving successful innovation and launches, from pipeline planning to field execution
- Partners with VP of People and Learning to ensure outstanding educational information is provided to and utilized by the sales team.
- Collaborates at the executive level to assure that departmental KPIs and goals align with other departments, and are congruent with company goals.
- Develops the annual sales budget, based on the approved strategic plan; monitors daily/weekly/monthly financial reports for adjustments needed to drive revenue and profitability
- Collaborates with the EVP of Marketing & Ecommerce as the other half of the “Growth Team” (Sales + Marketing) to ensure that high impact marketing programs are in place to support all sales channels, and to support strategic sales initiatives & customers
- Identifies and cultivates strategic opportunities that enhance Gaia’s leadership position in the marketplace, including new business development in natural, FDM, and Specialty Retailers
Establish the company’s customer experience roadmap to exceed expectations and reinforce brand authenticity, as market evolution drives increased competition.
- Develop and deploy the company’s customer experience strategy, including characterization of strategic customer types as part of channel strategy, and application of customer experience insights for strategic advantage and growth
- Travel up to 50% may be required
- Directly manages the Senior Director of Sales & Business Development, and the Director of Sales Operations
- Oversees Sales and Customer Experience function including revenue in Natural, FDM, and any additional brick and mortar based business development
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. Business; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years Sales experience, with at least 5 at the executive management level.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in the Natural Products market space.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High level of emotional intelligence, and the ability to adapt to different styles
- Successful track record in Sales leadership role, including experience with natural channel customers.
- Proven team building and leadership experience.
- Proven ability to manage and implement Sales and Customer Experience systems and process to optimize efficiency and strong ROI.
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and financial skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates with focused intention.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Ability to manage multiple complex priorities within demanding timeframes.
- Proven ability to lead a proactive organization and ensure accountability for results that maximize contribution to business objectives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, listen, sit, stand and walk. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to be able to view a computer screen.
The employee in this position primarily works in an office environment, but may infrequently pass through a manufacturing plant, where they would be exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and loud noise. Periodic travel is required about 15% of the time.
The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply for this job please visit www.gaiaherbs.com.