The OSC² community is comprised of leaders in the natural products industry who maintain the highest sustainability standards in their businesses and personal lives. See below for more information about our Core and Rising Star memberships, as well as two industry facing programs, the Climate Collaborative and the Packaging Collaborative, which are available to members and nonmembers alike.
For more information or to inquire about joining the OSC² community, please contact Lara Dickinson.
Core & Rising Star Membership
- Current or past Company is $10 – $100 million in revenues (Core Member), or $1 – $10 million in revenues (Rising Star Member)
- Leader currently engaged in the business. He/she must be a CEO, President, or C-level founder
- Leader models sustainable values in their life and business
- Leader demonstrates high integrity, humility, confidentiality, and openness to giving/receiving constructive feedback
- Leader resides in Northern California or is able to make at least 10 in-person meetings per year (Core Member) or 4 in-person meetings per year (Rising Star Member) in the Bay Area
- Company has a socially conscious and/or sustainability mission
- Presence in the natural products industry, CPG or other strong sustainable cause
- 100% non-GMO food or agricultural products
- Organic or strategy to move toward organic
- Addressing a food system issue within the DNA of their company
- B-Corp’s preferred or on the path
- Near or at/past Break Even; or fast growth and well-funded
- Non-Competitive with other members – current members can determine if a new member is competitive
- Annual membership fee
Core member companies include: 18 Rabbits – Alter Eco – Big Tree Farms – California Olive Ranch – Dang Foods – Dr. Bronner’s – Estancia Beef – The FruitGuys – Get Real Nutrition – Guayaki Yerba Mate – Happy Family – Lotus Foods – Numi Organic Tea – Nutiva – REBBL – Treasure8
In addition to our Core and Rising Star memberships, OSC² also organizes two industry facing programs, the Climate Collaborative and the Packaging Collaborative, which are respectively driving climate beneficial business practices and packaging waste reduction in our industry. Both programs are available to members and non-members alike.
The Climate Collaborative is a free program, which provides natural products companies with a platform and public forum to take meaningful steps to reverse climate change, both on their own and by working together with other like-minded companies. Companies can commit to one—or all—of a set of innovative and practical climate initiatives, including Agriculture, Energy Efficiency, Food-Waste, Forests, Packaging, Policy, Renewable Energy, Short-Lived Pollutants, and Transportation.
The Packaging Collaborative includes over 25 natural products companies, including Alter Eco, Numi Organic Tea, and 18 Rabbits, who have joined forces in the pursuit of flexible compostable packaging. Since our first Packaging Collaborative meeting at Expo West 2013, we have continued to make progress on compostable packaging solutions and believe the best way to drive this critically important sustainability initiative is to create and open, collaborative environment. Annual fees to participate range from $2,000 to $3,200 depending on your company’s size, and include advanced shelf life testing and access to research and resources compiled over the last three years.