Earlier this year OSC2 launched a new chapter, the Rising Star CEO group, for emerging, mission-aligned Founders & CEO’s in the natural products industry. The five charter members, included, Jesse Solomon, Founder/CEO of Emmer & Co., Lisa Curtis CoFounder and CEO of Kuli Kuli, Joshua McHugh, Founder and CEO of Living Intentions, Miyoko Schinner, Founder and CEO of Miyoko’s Kitchen, and Sarah & Andrew Gordon, CoFounders of Square Organics.
Together, this innovative group of leaders helped set the stage for how earlier-stage brands and their leaders can support each other and the larger community of environmentally and socially minded natural products companies.
Rising Stars in action and on tour at Miyoko’s Kitchen in Petaluma.
In 2018, we will be expanding the Rising Star CEO group to include 5 additional brands, and we are currently accepting member nominations through December 31. OSC2 is seeking best and brightest Founders & CEO’s committed to making a positive impact on our industry, our communities, and our environment.
Know someone who might be a good fit?
Send nominations to Lara Dickinson, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Michael Anzalone, Program Director (email@example.com)
Or interested in participating yourself?
Contact our Program Director, Michael Anzalone (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lara Dickinson, Executive Director (email@example.com), by way of referral, expressing your interest.
Nomination deadline: December 31, 2017
Rising Star CEO Group: Membership Criteria
- Leader currently engaged in the business. He/she must be a CEO, President, or C-level founder
- Leader models sustainable values in their life and business
- Leader demonstrates high integrity, humility, confidentiality, and openness to giving/receiving constructive feedback
- Leader resides in Northern California or is able to make at least 4 in-person meetings/year in the Bay Area
- Company is approx. $1-$10 mil. in revenues
- Company has a socially conscious and/or sustainability mission
- Presence in the natural products industry, CPG or other strong sustainable cause
- 100% non-GMO Food or agricultural product
- Organic or strategy to move toward organic
- Addressing a food system issue within the DNA of their company
- B-Corp’s preferred or on the path
- Non-competitive with other members – current members will validate
Annual Membership Fee – $3,000
The Rising Star membership fee is subsidized in part by our sponsor, New Resource Bank, and Core CEO members.
- Quarterly Rising Star CEO member meetings
- Present/attend one or our OSC2 Core CEO Group meetings per year
- Participation in one of our three OSC2 Working Groups (Finance, Supply Chain, or Marketing)
- Access to workshops and continuing-education courses
- Informal Mentorship opportunities with OSC2 core-members
- Preferred access to OSC2 events